Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Inexpensive Entertainment

After reading a really great article over at ihavecat.com by Stef Hu about affordable cat entertainment, I felt inspired to post a couple of ways I've been entertaining Lily recently!  Playtime with your cat is so rewarding and therapeutic for you, and it promotes exercise and prey for your cat!  There isn't any reason you shouldn't do it!

Lily loves chasing things.  So things that wiz by her are an instant hit.  Although, she is very particular on size and does not appreciate bigger toys.

Her favorite thing is a pipe cleaner wrapped up in a tiny ball. 


I buy a pack of pipe cleaners and it lasts forever.  Whenever she loses one, we just make another.  This is also a really flexible toy since you could wrap and bend them anyway you want.

The next entertainment item is this piece of yarn.


I'm sure any yarn would do but this one is similar to the carpet color, adding an extra challenge.  I've tied it to a hairtie on my wrist while I clean of fold laundry and she bounces along chasing it and grabbing at it's unpredictable movements.  It's also great for me since I'm multitasking!

And finally, her carrier.


All cat owners should own a reliable cat carrier.  It should be something that can be easily used to transport your kitty in case of an emergency.  we all know carriers and traveling can be stressful for your cat.  By pulling it out during playtime, Lily associates good memories with it!  Whenever I need to take her to the vet, she will be less stressed and feel safe.  I open different flaps occasionally to change things up.  She really likes it, and every once in awhile I sprinkle some yummy catnip inside :)

What's great about cats is that each one is an individual.  So spice things up and figure out what your kitty likes!  It doesn't have to be expensive at all. 

Check out 7 WAYS TO ENTERTAIN YOUR CAT WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY for some more ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment